About Dr. Scott Powell
Dr. Scott Powell is a teacher, theologian, and author. He is the director of the Aquinas Institute for Catholic Thought, an outreach to the University of Colorado Boulder, and is also an affiliate of the Benson Center for the Study of Western Civilization, Thought and Policy at the University of Colorado. He has taught at the Augustine Institute and the Saint John Vianney Theological Seminary’s Catholic Biblical School.
He and his wife, Annie, founded Camp Wojtyla, a Catholic outdoor adventure program for youth based in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. Scott also co-hosts and produces the popular podcast “The Word on the Hill with the Lanky Guys” and has appeared in numerous Catholic productions, including “Symbolon,” “Beloved,” “Reborn,” “YDisciple” and the “Opening the Word” series. He has been featured on EWTN, “Catholic Answers Live” and several other Catholic outlets. He holds a doctorate in Catholic Studies from Maryvale Institute/Liverpool Hope University in England. Scott is also the author of “An Environmental Ethic for the End of the World: An Ecological Midrash on Romans 8:19 – 22,” recently published by Cambridge Scholars Publishing. Scott and his wife live near Boulder, Colorado with their three children: Lily Avila, Samuel Isaac, and Evelyn Luca.
Dr. Scott Powell’s Retreats and Talks
2022 Lent Retreat
Dr. Scott Powell dives into topics that we can reflect on during the Lenten season. His talks center on how we can cultivate deeper faith in this season of Lent.
2022 Lent Talks
- Experiencing & Responding to Dryness in Prayer
- Living Out the Virtues: A Look at Joseph
- Praying with the Psalms
- The Story of the Annunciation
2020 Lent Retreat
Dr. Scott Powell is one of the speakers for our 2020 Lent Retreat. He gave a total of four talks discussing different topics such as Our Blessed Mother, Saint Joseph, and the meaning of Jesus’ Cross. Check out his full talk list for this retreat:
2020 Lent Talks
- Mary’s Role in Our Redemption
- Can you drink the chalice I’m going to drink?
- St. Joseph: Protector and Father
- The Prodigal Son and The Merciful Father
2018 Lent Retreat
Dr. Scott Powell shares his insights on prayer and a fresh perspective on the story of David and Goliath. Check out his retreat talk list below!
2018 Lent Talks
- Facing our Goliaths: The Most Famous Old Testament Story We’ve Never Heard
- Embrace the Awkward: Deuteronomy and the Foundations of Prayer
- Let Your Servant Go in Peace: Responding to God in Prayer
2016 Advent Retreat
Dr. Scott Powell was a speaker for the 2016 Advent Retreat. He gave a total of three talks, sharing his insights and meditations for this season of preparation. Here is a list of his talks from this retreat:
2016 Advent Talks
- Was it Not Necessary? The Story of the Road to Emmaus
- Living As A Redeemed People in A Broken World
- Jesus and the Call of Discipleship
Connect With Dr. Scott Powell
Register for the Next Retreat!
We have more amazing speakers on each of our retreats! You can join the current retreat now!